Friday, July 17, 2009

Finally a new post

OK, it's been awhile since I posted a blog. I've been helping Lynn on her videos. If you haven't read her blog, I encourage you to do so at http://lynnyarbrough.blogspot.com/ She does a great job of chronicling our activities here in Tripoli and the surrounding area. We booked her a flight back to Houston August 17- Sep 3. I know she's excited to come home and check up on everyone.

We plan on getting away somewhere toward the end of September during the end of Ramadaan. I understand that it can get a little crazy then. Anne and Ryan (our daughter and son-in-law) are planning to meet us in Italy in October so that's something to look forward to.

Work is taking a turn next week. I am part of a "knowledge transfer program" and will be assigned a Libyan employee from the Housing Infrastructure Board to mentor over the next 90 days. The objective is to train them in the methods and procedures of development and program management. They have been to Texas for 90 days and spent time with AECOM personnel, Rice, UT and A&M professors in many development, engineering and project management disciplines. My only concern is that they have a basic understanding of the english language. My Arabic isn't going to get us very far. I figure if I can teach Brannon Boozer how to be a developer, I can mentor anyone. (ha!)

Thanks to all of you who have emailed and kept up with us. It's great to stay in touch with friends and family back home.

The video is just for fun.

Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment