Sunday, July 26, 2009

Strange Names in Strange Places


I got a comment to my blog from my nephew, Evan, who saw a comment I made on the ESPN Big 12 Blog. He was surprised to see a Longhorn in Tripoli and even more so to find out it was his uncle. Anyway, us Horn's fans have to stick together, especially when I have a bunch of Aggie engineers surrounding me. As I mentioned in an earlier post, you only need one Ranger for one riot, I guess you only need one Longhorn for a whole gaggle of Aggies.

I have survived for 24 hours without my beautiful bride and haven't had a wreck, wandered the streets on gone off the deep end. I will miss her but am glad that she can be home and give real hugs to grandson, kids and family. Well, I did lie a little bit; after supper, I wandered down to the bank and came back to the video store to pick up a couple of flicks I've never seen before. Ryan Booth and John Yarbrough said that Watchmen was worth watching at least once.

I'm waiting for Anne to pick Lynn up at the airport so I can call her after she clears customs. If she can keep her eyes open, she ought to sleep well tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Rick so great to know that you're okay and love that you're taking over the blog duties for awhile. Good job! Keep posting and know that we love you and always have you in our thoughts and prayers. Judi

    ReplyDelete