Saturday, July 25, 2009

Out on my own

Lynn left this morning for the first leg of her trip to Houston. I talked to her in Frankfurt, Germany where she was enjoying the beauty of green trees and grass along with grey skies. Here, we see an occasional cloud but the sky remains blue.

I'm staying busy. There was an IAAF track meet in London this afternoon that was televised live on some foreign channel. Running in circles and the time on a stopwatch or distance jumped or thrown translates in any language. It was fun seeing some of the University of Texas guys I've watched grow the last few years compete.

Tonight, after catching up with John, Dad and Randy, I settled down to updating reports and spreadsheets. I'm listening to Bing Crosby singing songs from White Christmas. That's pretty random for summer but it came on iTunes after the easy listening album I had on. I'm a believer that Christmas should be celebrated every day!

For all in Houston, please welcome my bride home with many hugs and kisses from me.

Rick

2 comments:

  1. How bout those Longhorns! While on ESPN I was reading a Big 12 Blog and saw this comment bout the Horns and just happened to take a second look and saw it was from Libya. Come to find out it was my uncle! So I figured I'd share that your comment got thru to Tim Griffin and is on the ESPN website. Hope things are going well and Hook'em Horns!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you're taking over the blogging for a while! Keep us posted on all of the Libya news while mom is here in the states. I love you very much, and I love the pigeon video... very funny! Love, AB

    ReplyDelete