Sunday, July 5, 2009

Work, Work, Work

It's been awhile since I put up a post. Lynn finds time in the day to make observations while I'm at work. Today we arrived to find my office in the pool house without power. Something about a faulty breaker that had to be replaced. Being the resourceful fellow that I am, I found the one conference room that had power (and coincendently an air conditioner) and told my boss that my computer batterty was almost out of juice and I needed to recharge it. The rest of my group soon joined me and we had the only air conditioned staff meeting in the housing group.

We have met a lot of wonderful people here. When far away from home, we have found t
hat most people are eager to be your friend, even if it's for just a season. The attached pictures are from the Marcus Arelius Restaurant and arch where we celebrated Meera's birthday last week. She's been a wonderful neighbor but we will be leaving her and all of our friends at the Arkno and moving into our own one bedroom apartment at Guest House One.

This week is going to be busy as we started with Staff Meeting today and I have a new initiative to shepherd over the rest of the month while my boss returns to the states. Tomorrow I tra
vel to Tamurah, about a 2 1/2 hour drive one way, to visit with a Syrian Contractor and see if he's making any headway. I don't expect to see m
uch progress. Tuesday I have document control training, Wednesday we have all day training to be mentors for some of our Libyan friends who have been to Texas for project management training this past year. Thursday, we are catching a flight to Malta for a little R&R of our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment