Saturday, August 22, 2009

And the beat goes on . . .

Well, it's Sunday morning again and we start a new week. I don't know if I'll ever get into the cycle of Friday and Saturday being the weekend. 58 years of doing it the other way is a hard habit to break. This will be my first full week of Ramadan. As I mentioned previously (I think) our work hours at the office have been reduced to 9 - 3. Can you imagine working a 6 hour work day in the States? And that includes a break for lunch.

I don't expect to make many site visits during the season. I don't want to trust my life to a driver that has been going on 4 to 6 hours of sleep a night for the past several weeks. Things will progress without me being there. Besides, some of our contractors just give their guys a paid vacation since they aren't going to get much work out of them anyway.

I'm off to breakfast and then get in the van to start a new week.

1 comment:

  1. For a six hour work day, you were starting early. I was still on-line last night when I saw you checking e-mail. It was too late to call since I was trying to get to bed.

    Hope you enjoyed the IAAF Championships. The Texas guys and gals all did pretty well.

    ReplyDelete