Monday, August 3, 2009

Catching up with Friends

I decided that since this is the 40th anniversary of my gradation from high school (I was quite young when I finished - or so it seems) that I would take the occasion to peruse the reunion website and try and catch up with some fiends (notice I did not say "Old" friends). Now there are a few that I run into on the rare occasion but most I have lost track of.

Now lets see, I've contacted my closest choir buddy out in the pacific northwest who's in the Ukraine this summer, a friend who has returned home to care for parents in their last years, an attorney who is now a para-legal away from the fray of conflict but who's husband is now a successful restaurateur, my long lost copy editor from Fort Worth who works in Dallas but has his PhD from Denton and wants to be a used car salesman when he grows up and a few others who haven't taken the time to return my emails.

It's is good to see what time has wrought and what adventures we have all traversed. When I look back I am amazed at the time in which we have lived, the things that we have seen and experienced and hopefully learned along the way.

So now let's all have a little fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment