Sunday, August 2, 2009

The News at 4:00 pm

Sundays are always interesting as you get to work, log on to your laptop and hope that the server is up and you can get a connection, print your reports for staff meeting, etc. Well we got to work and as the saying goes, things didn't work the way we would have liked. Only a minor inconvenience. It was the first time since I've been here that we have had a full contingent at staff meeting (well, almost - we are still one Brit shy of a full load).

Our director of communications is a good friend with whom I share coffee and breakfast most mornings on the deck. That makes it sound a lot more cosmopolitan than reality but who cares. She told me this morning that we were expecting a film crew from our client this afternoon to do an infomercial for the September 1 Celebration. If you don't know what that is, Google Libya and September 1. The producer/interviewer came in and set up his camera next to my desk. After sitting there feeling awkward for about 5 minutes, I reached in my computer bag and grabbed the camera I alway carry for project photos. I asked him if I could take some pictures and like the star that he is, he exclaimed that he would be happy to allow me to take pictures as he posed. See, there are some things that are no different anywhere in the world. They kept filming as we neared the witching hour of 4:30. Luckily, they finished at 4:25 as we all rushed to log out, unplug, pack up and make for the vans home.

Not a bad Sunday at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment