Sunday, August 30, 2009

NBC News

You never know what's going to happen on a day to day basis. Friday night, Lynn and I were invited to have dinner at the home of the Principal of the International School. He and his wife are a lovely couple from New Zealand that we had met at church. It was a great evening of getting to know each other and sharing stories and experiences. While there, my phone rand. It was a young man from the US Embassy with the consular affairs office. Again, we had met home and his wife at church back before Lynn went home. He told me that he had received a call from NBC news that they had a crew in Libya for the September 1 celebration and wanted to talk with Americans doing business here; specifically with my company.

The principal was kind enough to drive us home around 9 pm and I got on the phone with my boss to relay the message. He suggested that I contact someone else, and to make a long story short, I finally e-mailed our COO before going to bed.

The next morning, Lynn and I decided to take a walk down the street to the local grocery store to stock up on goods for the week. We were surprised to run into the COO and his wife (a friend of Lynn's who we didn't think was back in the country). I inquired if he had gotten my email and he explained that he had been trying to contact the ambassador but hadn't heard anything so when he got my message, he was able to reach my contact and through him the folks at NBC.

When we arrived at the office this morning, he was set up in the parking lot in front of our building being interviewed by the NBC correspondent. Keep your eyes open, I might even be walking by in the back ground of the footage. I don't know when of if it will be broadcast but if anyone sees it, please let me now.

Signing off for now, have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment