Monday, August 31, 2009

August 31

We received a surprise yesterday afternoon. A rumor started circulating around noon, in fact, Lynn called me to tell me, that we were going to have the day off on Monday. It seems that the leader has called for a two day national holiday for the celebrations rather than just September 1. Lynn and I have been enjoying a leisurely day around the apartment, sleeping in, working out, reading, napping, enjoying a wonderful concoction that Lynn threw together for lunch, walking to Aruba for more snacks and groceries. There aren't many shops open until after 8 pm, that's when people get out and start hitting the streets to eat and shop.

We think that they celebratory fireworks are going to be tonight. We don't know for sure since we haven't seen anything in writing except for tomorrow night's schedule. The plan is for a group of us to sit on the roof of one of the guesthouses and watch from afar. No matter what, we can visit and have a good time.

I really haven't mentioned how happy I am to have my beautiful talented wife back with me. It has been a joy to have her back to share everything with. I guess that I didn't realize, until she went back to Houston, just how spoiled I've become over these 33 years with her. She can be by my side anytime she wants to.

No comments:

Post a Comment