Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Which door will you choose?



One of the fun things that I have observed since being here is all of the different types and colors of doors. Now I am giving you several examples and you have to guess whether they come from Valletta, Malta or Tripoli, Libya. If you can guess correctly, you may win a prize, or you may not -the choice is mine.

When I left to come overseas, a good friend of mine reminded me of an adage; "... to remember to celebrate the small victories along the way". Most of the time, those are easy; like remembering to laugh at things which appear absurb, to be happy that you get home at night no matter how lost or circuitous a route you took getting there, to enjoy the people that surround you on a daily basis. Today actually included a couple of items in "W" column at work. A contractor who showed up, listened and understood that I am trying to help rather than undermine him and a CM/CS who actually called and said that he intended to attend a meeting tomorrow after being AWOL for 6 weeks. As the saying goes, Showing up is the half the battle.

And the winner is . . . wait, I must delay until I see your votes and comments.

2 comments:

  1. 1 & 3 are Tripli and the colorful ones are Malta. My favorite is the green one. You know I'm a green person. Really enjoying your blog and the pictures of Tripoli. Love you, Judi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Judi, but I think I'm cheating a little, because Mom showed us some pictures from your trip. I love you and miss you... we're counting down the days until Oct. 2!

    ReplyDelete